BE550 VPN Not effective

BE550 VPN Not effective

BE550 VPN Not effective
BE550 VPN Not effective
2024-08-22 09:42:08
Model: Archer BE550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20231020 rel.52378(5347)

Hello everyone. I purchased 4 BE550 routers. They are all used as VPN Clients, and the servers are deployed in AWS. The VPN functions of 3 of them can be used normally when they first came back. However, three of them upgraded the firmware according to the app prompts, and the VPN failed. The connection was successful. The only one that has not been upgraded can be connected. I downgraded 3 failed routers using the 1.04 firmware from the official website, but they still cannot be restored. I compared the configurations of the effective and disabled routers. They are exactly the same. I don’t understand why. It doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:BE550 VPN Not effective
2024-08-23 07:02:18 - last edited 2024-08-23 07:05:01

@rocky888 

Hi

If the problem seems linked to the latest firmware update, attempting a downgrade could be a potential solution. Yet, as of now, rolling back to a previous version hasn't successfully addressed the issue. Hence, it is recommended to refer to the troubleshooting guide at the provided link: VPN Client not working

If the suggested steps do not yield a solution, kindly provide the following details:

1. What type of VPN are you selecting on the TP-Link router, OpenVPN, or PPTP VPN? If possible, please provide a screenshot of VPN Client setting. (It is recommended to code the private information)
2. At which specific step are you encountering difficulties? Are there any error messages or screenshots you can share to assist in diagnosing the issue?

3. Are the four BE550s placed in different network environments? If they are in the same network topology, please kindly provide the topology in detail.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 114

Replies: 1

Related Articles