Hello everyone,

Since about a month I have a TP Link X50 network consisting of:

1x Deco X50 5G

3x Deco X50 (1 wired 2 wireless)

1x Deco X50 outdoor 

1x TP Link TL-SG108E switch

1X TP Link TL-SG105 switch

1x TP link TL-SG108 switch 

I'm having real problems with keeping connection with my WIZ smart plugs, WIZ smart lights, P1 meter and Eufy wireless camera's.

They keep losing connection with the network. It happens dozens of times per day. I have tried setting each individual on only 2.4 GHz, fixed IP addresses, fixed connection to certain Deco, switching Mesh individually off etc. But nothing seems to work. 

I'm at whits end and about to toss everything in the boxes and sending it back. 

Previously we had cable internet but due to a break in the line and prognoses repair time we made the choice to go for the 5G.

In de old situation I had a cable company modem in bridge modus to TP link Archer, the same switches and a pair of of RE605X. It worked flawlessly. 

PLEASE HELP!

Options
3 Reply
Re:IOT devices keep disconnecting from my TP Link Deco X50 network
a week ago

@Mackan 

Hi,

May I know the network topology?

Will they only lose internet or also lose WIFI connection? Will they connect back automatically after they drop?

Please disable fast roaming and beamforming. And also create a 2.4G guest network for these devices.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Sunshine 

Thank you for your time and effort in this. 

They lose WiFi connection. Some come back up, but most don't. I have to restart those and they mostly will come back up after that. It occurres only with the non wired WiFi products. 

But that's mostly temporary because it will drop eventually. 

I recently got a new P1 meter to measure the electricity we're using and it's the hub to the home battery we're getting. And the supplier and I have been busy for 3 weeks now but don't get it connected in any way through WiFi. But it worked fine in the previous situation. 

The topology is:

Deco X50 5G to switch from switch wired to TV, DVD (home entertainment) etc. and from switch also wired to Deco X50 Nr 1. 

From the wired Deco X50 Nr 1 to switch to several wired devices like HVAC controle, solar panels, 

Upstairs wireless Deco X50 Nr 2 wired to switch. From switch wired to PC, printer, scanner etc. 

Upstairs bedroom only wireless Deco X50 Nr 3.

In the garden wireless Deco X50 outdoor wired to Smart TV. 

I'll wait with the guest network en reconnecting everything to this new network in case the information above gives another insight. 

Options
Monday
Up
Options