Archer BE805 often loose internet

2024-07-20 23:55:17 - last edited 2024-07-22 06:28:23
Model: Archer BE805  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.011

I often find my rooter with lost internet connection in the morning.

I know that regular reboot could solve the issue, but Ill rather that TP LINK tackle the problem at the source...

Options
10 Reply
Re:Archer BE805 often loose internet
2024-07-21 02:14:58

@Dda65 hey seems like I have the same exact problem. I'm gonna try setting the DNS server to a third party, maybe that works better. 

Dda65 wrote

I often find my rooter with lost internet connection in the morning.

I know that regular reboot could solve the issue, but Ill rather that TP LINK tackle the problem at the source...

Options
2024-07-22 06:39:54

@Dda65  @Fierytuner 

Thank you very much for posting in our community forum, and I'd be happy to look into this issue you experienced.

Can you please provide some more details, which will help us better assist you in figuring it out?

1. When the internet is disconnected in the morning, how about the LED status on the router? Who is your internet provider? Please ensure you get a stable connection from your provider.

2. Have you both enabled the Wireless Schedule and what is the scheduled off time? Please try to disable it, then monitor if the internet will be stable.

Any more details would be appreciated. Thank you both.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-23 13:50:29 - last edited 2024-07-23 14:06:03

@Dda65 I am using cloudflare and google DNS. Dont have this DC issue... 

So far using WIFI client AX201(WIFI 6) and Ax211(WIFI 6E), able to test ipref3 with NAS via SMB with 1.31 Gbps ( 2.4Gbps theory connection speed and throughput only 1/2 with 1.31Gbps). This is normal on the WIFI speed.

Still waiting BE200 client card to arrive. Hope can get (4.8Gbps theory connection speed and throughput of 2.4Gbps)

Options
2024-08-17 15:40:09

@Fierytuner 

I had the same issue when usnig the latest firmware Archer BE805(JP)_V1_1.0.11 Build 20240318.

I also tried using third-party DNS such as 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 but not worked.

Especially using 1.1.1.1 is worse than ISP default DNS and 8.8.8.8.

After updating to a beta firmware released in June, it became better than the latest firmware, but the sometimes the issue still happen.

Currently using a beta firmware released in May to see the condition.

Options
2024-08-17 21:45:15

8-10 hours of troubleshooting multiple nics, drivers, windows settings, router settings...multiple firmwares and hard resets and this thing the BE805 is just JUNK.

I will never buy another tp link router again. This is a disgrace all to fix my internet upload. It's capped at 100mbps for some reason. Old router and direct connection works fine..

Options
2024-08-18 23:56:40

Please provide a beta firmware  update. I put a unmanaged switch in-between my ONT from fios and my router. This rectified the upload speed issue. Appears to be a speed duplex issue with the router to ont. Model BE805

Options
2024-08-18 23:57:23

@winenjou can you post your beta please?

Options
2024-08-19 03:27:21

Reticule wrote

Please provide a beta firmware  update. I put a unmanaged switch in-between my ONT from fios and my router. This rectified the upload speed issue. Appears to be a speed duplex issue with the router to ont. Model BE805

@Reticule 

What is the specific model of the ONT? What is the upload speed when connecting to the ONT, and what is the expected or normal speed?

I cannot recommend trying the beta firmware that winenjou is using, as I'm not sure if it's suitable for your case.

Please provide more details about the issue you're experiencing, so we can escalate your case to the support engineers. They can investigate further and provide a solution.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-20 14:51:44

@Kevin_Z  ONT is from 2020, its a fios 211 i believe.. This ONT is max 1gbps.

I'm getting 1gbps symmetrical to my nic from the NID to my nic bypassing router. I get the same with my old router hooked up also.

With a tplink 5 port unmanaged switch before your BE805 I get 1gbps symmetrical.

going directly to the nid (ont) As soon as I hard code duplex to 1gbps for WAN I get 1gbps down and 100mbps upload Even at auto negotiation.

Changed patch to cat5e, cat6, cat6a, cat7 all same result.

Seems to be an issue with your device.

Please advise.  

Options
2024-08-29 03:11:50

@Reticule Sorry for my delayed response.

I googled online and found a similar model. Is the ONT model Verizon FiOS Alcatel I-211M-L?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335325342081

If this is not the ONT you're using, could you please provide a picture of your current device? We will ask the engineering team to investigate this issue further.

Options