Backhaul 2.5 Gbps LAN connection TP-Link Deco X90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-28 07:34:14 - last edited 2022-05-30 03:17:22
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello everybody,

I have another question concerning the Deco X90.

The device is functioning as access point with a wired back haul. Main unit and satellite are connect at the same switch (not directly connected). 

My internet provider deliver a speed of max. 1Gbps and so I don't think that connecting the utp at the 2.5 Gpbs port of the units should have any advantage attempting to create a better back haul connection because both connected to switch (TP) with max handlng capacity of 1 Gpbs. 

It seems obvious that you can't exceed the speed of the switch but in IT sometimes strange things can happen. Anyone experiences what this concerns. 

I am a tech amateur and a little bit scary for IT experiments at moments where everything is working.

Maybe a silly question, but just to be sure ...

Options
3 Reply
Re:Backhaul 2.5 Gbps LAN connection TP-Link Deco X90
2022-05-29 12:25:09

@TN192 

Yor bottleneck is your switch, which is a gigabit switch.

Unless you upgrade to a switch like this one there's no point using the X90's 2.5 Gbps port for the wired backhaul.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-05-29 13:02:29

@TN192 

So my assumption was right. Thanks a lot for your reply. 

I think using 2.5 Gpbs makes no sense since my provider delivers max 1 Gps down. Also the cost of the 2.5 Gbps switch is a little bit too high.

Options
2022-05-29 13:08:53 - last edited 2022-05-29 15:35:55

@TN192 

Yes, the price is a bit bigger but although your ISP provides 1 Gbps downstream for you, your wired backhaul will communicate at 2.5 Gbps - this means faster transfers in your local network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 3

Related Articles