I can not reach full speed of internet - Archer C3150 v2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-19 19:08:27 - last edited 2021-01-21 10:26:25
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.0 0.9.1 v005f.0 Build 170927 Rel.57074n

Hello,

First of all I want to apologize for my english. It is not my native language and I know it is not perfect ;)

My problem is that I can not reach maximum download speed of my internet connection while using TP-Link Archer C3150. 

I did not saw this problem before because I had 300Mbit Internet and it was working with full speed. But week ago I changed speed of my Internet from 300Mbit to 500 Mbit and I noticed this problem.

I have Compal Connect Box modem/router from my IPS working in Bridge Mode. It is connected with my Archer C3150 (WAN port) and my PC is connected to C3150. I have 500 Mbit from UPC Polska (it is my ISP) but I am able to reach only 350/360 Mbit (on LAN and WiFi).

But when I connect my PC directly to modem from my ISP everything works fine and I can reach 500Mbit. Situation is even more interesting because when my PC is turned off and I am testing speed on my smartphone it also can go up to 500Mbit, but when PC is working WiFi is also limited to 350/360 Mbit. I laso checked if my LAN speed could be better when I turn off WiFi but it did not help.

So it looks problem is in my Archer C3150 settings or router itself. I checked all cables connectimg my PC directly to the modem with them to be sure but they are OK. I have restarted Archer C3150 to its default but it did not help, firmware is the newest one. I am using integrated network card (Intel I218-V) and driver is also up to date. I restarted internet setting in Window 10 but without result. I don't know where exactly is the problem. Below I attached screenshots with speed testing and with my settings.

Speed test - PC conected directly to IPS modem

Speed test - PC connected to C3150 (modem -> router C3150 -> PC)

I hope You can help me with this problem.

Best regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I can not reach full speed of internet - Archer C3150 v2-Solution
2021-01-21 08:48:01 - last edited 2021-01-21 10:26:25

@Kevin_Z

Thank You for Your response. I just saw that all screens from router settings I have attached are in polish language. I hope it is not a problem, but I can send screens in english if You need.

1. QoS is set to Standard mode and all devicie priorities are set to off

2. I tried this metod 2 with factory reset (I changed only MAC Cloning, otherwise I don't have access to internet), I tried also hard reset with a buttton but it didn't help

I am thinking if it could be because of cloning my PC MAC adress?

When my PC is disconected from LAN and I am using WiFi I can reach full speed 500Mbit. But when my PC is conected and there are two devices with the same MAC adress (PC and router) speed is limited to 350/360 Mbit). Maybe I should try to contact my ISP to change MAC adress for router default so all devices have their individual MAC adresses. Maybe it is a solution?

Przemek

EDIT: OK, everything is working correctly right now. I contact my ISP once again and they told me how to restart modem and router properly. I have done this many times but everytime not correctly. One thing I didn't done before was to restore default MAC of Archer C3150 and then restart my ISP modem! When I did it my modem "see" default MAC of router and I don't need to use MAC cloning. And my internet is working with full speed right now.

EDIT 2: I deleted screenshots of my router settings from the first post. I think It could be more safe for me or my network :)

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:I can not reach full speed of internet - Archer C3150 v2
2021-01-21 07:26:47

@PrzemekW 

Hi, check the QoS setting on the C3150, ensure it is on Standard mode, and no devices in the Priority list:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1708/

Or, you may reset the C3150 to factory defaults as this (Method 2), then reconfigure it from scratch, no more advanced settings, then check the speed again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:I can not reach full speed of internet - Archer C3150 v2-Solution
2021-01-21 08:48:01 - last edited 2021-01-21 10:26:25

@Kevin_Z

Thank You for Your response. I just saw that all screens from router settings I have attached are in polish language. I hope it is not a problem, but I can send screens in english if You need.

1. QoS is set to Standard mode and all devicie priorities are set to off

2. I tried this metod 2 with factory reset (I changed only MAC Cloning, otherwise I don't have access to internet), I tried also hard reset with a buttton but it didn't help

I am thinking if it could be because of cloning my PC MAC adress?

When my PC is disconected from LAN and I am using WiFi I can reach full speed 500Mbit. But when my PC is conected and there are two devices with the same MAC adress (PC and router) speed is limited to 350/360 Mbit). Maybe I should try to contact my ISP to change MAC adress for router default so all devices have their individual MAC adresses. Maybe it is a solution?

Przemek

EDIT: OK, everything is working correctly right now. I contact my ISP once again and they told me how to restart modem and router properly. I have done this many times but everytime not correctly. One thing I didn't done before was to restore default MAC of Archer C3150 and then restart my ISP modem! When I did it my modem "see" default MAC of router and I don't need to use MAC cloning. And my internet is working with full speed right now.

EDIT 2: I deleted screenshots of my router settings from the first post. I think It could be more safe for me or my network :)

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:I can not reach full speed of internet - Archer C3150 v2
2021-01-21 10:26:19

@PrzemekW 

Great job. yes Glad to know a correct restart of modem and the C3150 helps.

I didn't realize there would be a speed limitation on the modem as per the MAC address, maybe a valued suggestion on this kind of issue later, thank you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options