TD-W8968 v4 - Default Gateway Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-19 11:38:36
Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 1.1.1 Build 151229 Rel.30697

ISP :

Hi,

I recently bought TD-W8968 modem\router, and I quickly realized that when the router is turned Off and then turned On, my laptop and any device (including my "magicjack" device) gets a blank Default Gateway Ip at first connection! I always have to disconnect and then connect again my laptop and all my devices in order to get the correct Default Gateway Ip from the router!

This issue happens for wired and wireless connections!

for example, from my Nokia mobile, I always get "no gateway reply" at first connection, then I have to disconnect and then connect again in order to get "gateway reply" from the router!

I think this issue should be fixed as soon as possible through a firmware update, otherwise, I will return the router for sure and take my money back!

Thanks!
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W8968 v4 - Default Gateway Issue
2017-01-21 00:34:09
Tried to downgrade the firmware in order to see if the problem gets fixed, and guess what?

"Image upload failed. the selected file contains an illegal image"

Yes, I'm definitely going to return this broken router and take my precious money back!

and by the way, thanks for your great disastrously forum support! Bye bye ...!
Options
Re:TD-W8968 v4 - Default Gateway Issue
2017-01-25 00:02:26
Haha,

I returned td-w8968 v4 and the guys from the store insisted with me that I should try td-w8970 v3, and then I decided to give it a try!

and guess what again? Haha, td-w8970 v3 has the same Default Gateway Ip issue!

it has the last firmware installed (Published Date: 16/08/16 )

I will return this router too as soon as possible and make sure that I will never ever buy any product from your Band again! Never Ever!

Thank you again for your great forum support! It was a pleasure! Bye bye!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 944

Replies: 2

Related Articles