Default gateway for Archer C6 v.4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-27 15:59:10
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.11.0 Build 220425 Rel.61837n(4555)

Hello I bought my 4° tp-link Archer. My idea is to use it as a router and to create a new wi-fi settings for my home. I like to have a static ip for this kind of router, such as the one I laready have. But in this new version I'm able to set static ip and subnet mask but no chance to put default gateway, such as I did for the other ones (Archer C6 v2), and in the router section it sets the default gateway such as the same itself ip. Of course, ethernet and wireless devices can surf the web but the router cannot go online, so cannot chech firmware upgrade, ntp time etc.. I tried to add a new routing line, too, practically the same as the previous one with a different and correct gateway but I receive: 

The IP address and the LAN IP address cannot be in the same subnet. Please enter another one.

Thank you

Antonio

Options
5 Reply
Re:Default gateway for Archer C6 v.4
2023-01-10 13:20:47 - last edited 2023-01-10 23:17:09

@asanguig 

If you want to just expand your wireless coverage why not using the C6 in AP mode (Case 1) - this way your issue will be gone.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-01-10 15:57:57

@terziyski I seems to remember that in AP mode I cannot set a static IP, just a dynamic one. I know that from my dhcp server I can get a reservation for the router but my preference is to have a static ip. BTW, I also had an answer from tp-link assistance (very slow). They wrote me to reset the router because the gateway field has to be there.

Thank you

Antonio

Options
2023-01-10 16:04:32

@asanguig 

There is a "Static IP" settings in AP mode, which you can use and the default gateway as well:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-01-10 16:10:59

Yes, in router mode too should be pretty the same. But I have no chance to got it as you can see from the attached image.

Options
2023-01-10 16:19:33 - last edited 2023-01-13 00:13:00

@asanguig 

I would suggest to have a backup of your router configuration and reset the router to factory defaults as proposed by TP-Link support.

Then check if the default GW field is there and restore the configuration from the backup file.

Using Archer C6 in "AP mode" will avoid a double NAT in your LAN - that's if you're using this C6 for expanding the wireless coverage (if it's not your main router).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 627

Replies: 5

Related Articles