Wi-fi problem between Archer D2 and Galaxy S6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wi-fi problem between Archer D2 and Galaxy S6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Wi-fi problem between Archer D2 and Galaxy S6
2017-05-22 02:24:56
I think that TP-Link should release a firmware update to fix this problem...
Options
2017-05-23 20:07:53
After I connected at 5 GHz, the problem disappeared. I'll test again at 2.4 GHz.
Options
2017-05-24 03:44:41
This seems to be an android only problem, today I invited someone with an iphone to use whatsapp on my router, he encountered no issues. I also installed on my android an application called "Push Notification fixer" and I set the wifi heartbeat interval inside that app to 1 minute. It seems to alleviate and improve the whatsapp problem on my 2.4 ghz wifi.
So apparently part of the story I figured so far is that the tp link wifi is killing the google push notification too early, causing whatsapp and other apps to be affected, and the google push only runs checks once every 15 minutes on whether or not it is alive, causing massive problems, with the app mentioned above, the worst case becomes a delay of up to one minute.

If any of you guys discovers anything else please share, since the tp link administration and support (if they exist) don't care.
Options
2017-05-26 11:59:30
Did anyone fix it ?
Options
2019-07-01 13:36:07

Same problem.....

Options
Re:Re:Wi-fi problem between Archer D2 and Galaxy S6
2019-07-02 02:56:41

Hi,

Below are some instructions you can give it a shot.

1. Optimize the wireless settings of the D2.

2. Enable the DHCP address reservation and setup a static IP for the cellphone. Instruction as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/754/

3. Still the same, tell us the model number of the cellphone. And you can contact their tech support to get some help as well.

Nice day. 

Murrayhawk wrote

Same problem.....

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Related Articles