Connectivity issues for Galaxy S6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-15 01:46:07
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 build 20210723 rel 57605

Installed the Deco X20 3 pack mesh system and one phone is having issues switching between decos. When it gets too far away from the one it is connected to it tries to connect to the other closer Deco and says it has an authentication error on the phone wifi connection screen. The phone must then be rebooted and works as long as it stays near one deco. Although sometimes it does lose the connection, doesn't show an error, and must be rebooted for the internet to work again.

I tried turning on fast roaming and the problem remains.

Another cell phone has no issues switching between decos. The other phone is a OnePlus 8t connected on the 2.4ghz band. The S6 does not tell me what it was connecting via.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connectivity issues for Galaxy S6
2021-09-15 11:48:03

@Adrewnme 

Hi, I used to see that the private address on the smartphone might have some influence on the roaming and could you please try to turn off the private address on the S6 to have a look?

And if S6 is on Andriod 11, please also turn off the WPA3 on the Deco X20 to check whether the connection gets improved.

Options
2021-09-15 13:48:14

@TP-Link 

What do you mean "private address" on the s6?

Options
2021-09-16 10:10:15

@Adrewnme 

Hi, It is first introduced by Apple and then applied to Android and Windows devices.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211227

As for how to disable it, please refer to this link:

https://www.linksys.com/ca/support-article?articleNum=317710

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 372

Replies: 3

Related Articles