Torrent Peering Speed gettign capped - Kolkata

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-27 16:21:36
Region : India

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V9

Firmware Version : 3.16.9 Build 150310 Rel.54318n

ISP : Alliance Broadband

Hi All,

Its bit strange situation what i'm facing with this router. My ISP has a support of local peering & it allows me fetch speed upto 20mbps.
Now on a daily use i generally get a pretty good peering speed of 3.5-4 mbps. Earlier had no issues on speed while being in the wireless connectivity.

Recently i upgraded firmware version & it was all fine. Suddenly, since last week im observing a auto speed capping by the router itself to 1-1.1 mbps.
I really have no clue as how the hell this has happened. Upon using the ISP line directly into the laptop the speed is going back to the usual 3.5 mbps.

Has anybody faced this kind of situation in recent past/ if there are any workaround. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Surajit
Options
2 Reply
Re:Torrent Peering Speed gettign capped - Kolkata
2015-06-29 15:08:57
Wired speed and wireless speed to WR841N are the speed, 1-1.1 mbps?
If you restart the router, does it help?
Reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it.
Options
Re:Torrent Peering Speed gettign capped - Kolkata
2015-06-30 14:31:12

Tony Seaford wrote

Wired speed and wireless speed to WR841N are the speed, 1-1.1 mbps?
If you restart the router, does it help?
Reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it.

Many Thanks Tony!

Yes, speed in wireline & wireless is getting capped at 1-1.1 mbps

I have tried whatever you have suggested, even downgraded the firmware. Initially it was working fine with speed upto 3.5 mbps with the old version. However, it went down again after 2 days of usage.. think i need to scrap this piece.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 541

Replies: 2

Related Articles