Cant access router in 3G mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-14 19:48:01
Region : Greece

Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.17.1 Build 130929 Rel.36745n

ISP : Vodafon

Greetings
I got a very serious issue and multiple questions. I will state the facts and ask after:

1) Hardware connection: PC to 3020 with ethernet cable, USB for power.
2) I have uploaded the latest firmware available on tp link site 3.17.1 Build 130929 Rel.36745n
3) Browser is Firefox but i have tried Chrome and IE as well.

ISSUES TO SOLVE
1) When the switch is on 3G there is no way it will connect to the IP http://192.168.0.254/ so i can enter the routers configurations.
2) When its on WISP or AP, i can enter the router config page and everything seems fine except there are no 3G settings or anything as expected according to the manual.
3) When its on WISP or AP and then i turn the switch to 3G, it reboots and it connects to the router but with the menu and configuration of AP! No 3G here as well.
4) When i do all those tests i got all other connections disabled. If i enable my wireless connection it has a very strange function: It shows that i got net and all, but i don't! No page in the browser loads and i certainly am cut out of the internet.

I got the 3G dongle HUAWEI K3772 Vodafon that is not compatible with the 3020, but there is a bin file on the net that i cant even upload to test!
Also, i have tried both with and without the dongle on the 3020 to see whats happening and the results are the same.

Thank you for your time and
I would really appreciate any help, i have become desperate.
Be well everyone
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cant access router in 3G mode
2014-01-15 19:59:20
Hello all
i found the solution.
For anyone that encounters the same problem, its very easy:
After the uploading of the latest firmware, i didn't restore factory defaults:
Factory Defaults
Choose menu “System Tools → Factory Defaults”, and then and you can restore the configurations of the Router to factory defaults

When i did everything is normal and perfectly working.
Thank anyone for any time spent to think over my problem.

TOPIC CLOSED
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 270

Replies: 1

Related Articles