Possible Failure of AX21 Wifi 6 router

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: V 4.6

Hi TPLINK Community

I have a AX21 router that will no longer connect.  I originally used it as an access point to extend my coverage area to my basement.

The AX21 worked for about 3-4 months after purchase this year then just over night would not allow any connections.

I had it working as an AP connected to a switch which was connected via Ethernet CAT 5 cable to my main AX21 router upstairs. DNS was disabled on 2nd router and the 2nd router had IP address  within the address range defined by the main router.

I used the past tense because I have tried factory resets on 2nd router 7 or more times but no longer can connect to the 2nd router - via Ethernet cable or by wifi on phone.  When 2nd router was working the 1st 3 lights from the left were on green also with the 5th light from left on.  Now only the 3 left lights are on.

I used the Windows run CMD, ipconfig, to connect between the router & my computer via Ethernet cable.  The message I get is "media disconnected". 

I think the 2nd router has just failed. Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix connectivity, or confirm what I else I can do to indicate it has failed?

Thanks!

Teelnkr

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Possible Failure of AX21 Wifi 6 router -Solution

@Teelnkr 

Here's what your router LEDs staus mean:

When in AP mode first 4 LEDs should be on and the fifth will be on when you plug a wired device.

Here's how to configure AX21 in AP mode (Case 1).

To reset the router you have to press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds.

After resetting the router connect via ethernet cable to a LAN port to configure it.

If after reset you still don't have access to the router, your best bet is to contact your local support for further assistance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Possible Failure of AX21 Wifi 6 router -Solution

@Teelnkr 

Here's what your router LEDs staus mean:

When in AP mode first 4 LEDs should be on and the fifth will be on when you plug a wired device.

Here's how to configure AX21 in AP mode (Case 1).

To reset the router you have to press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds.

After resetting the router connect via ethernet cable to a LAN port to configure it.

If after reset you still don't have access to the router, your best bet is to contact your local support for further assistance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Possible Failure of AX21 Wifi 6 router
a week ago

@terziysk

Thank you again for returning my initial request for help and your response.  I wanted to double check my AX21 against your description of the router front lights.  In doing that double check on the router.  I still do NOT have any more lights.  Despite connecting the ethernet cable,  and using wifi,  I only have the first 3 lights on from the left side of the router.  By the way I'm new as a member to the community and still am not sure how to find your post and open them for response.  

The AX 21 still will not let me connect via cable or wifi to access the management software.  

I will try to contact the chat service to get their help.

Thanks  again for your help.  

Options