75% speed loss and constant cloud server connection failures

a week ago
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Ookla shows at least 350mbps when I connect direct to the router but I'm only getting 70mbps or so from my PC (according to Ookla, The figures from the app seem to be a total work of fiction 1.9mbps/46kbps). The PC is hardwired to a satellite which is 3-4m (totally unobstructed) from the main Deco which is hardwired to the router. I rebooted several times, ran optimization and all the firmware is updated. The app constantly loses the cloud service but says 'everything looks good'. I also get 'Forced to stop managig network' which seems to imply somebody else is also managing the network but I am the only one.

I have turned off UPnP, spped is set to 1000/50 under QoS but I can't see how to turn off QoS as suggested in the Help. I would be grateful of any help. Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:75% speed loss and constant cloud server connection failures
a week ago

@BruceA I just deleted the whole Deco system and set it up again but now I only get 21Mbps

Options
a week ago

@BruceA 

Hi,

If there is no on/off button in QoS settings, you can just set it as 1000Mbps just like what you have done.

Please check the specification of Ethernet cable, and change other Ethernet cable as a try.

Was it working normally before? If the issue still exists after you done all these troubleshooting steps, please contact the local support team for further help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Wednesday

@Sunshine Thanks. I think one issue was the cable between router and Deco. The other was that 5ghz was off as I was concerned my IoT stuff would get confused (it doesn't although I think turning off when adding helps some devices) I'm getting 110Mbps on my phone right now which is fine, despite being slower than the speed hard wired to the main Deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 84

Replies: 3

Related Articles