Constant Packet Loss

Constant Packet Loss

Constant Packet Loss
Constant Packet Loss
2024-08-27 21:36:54
Model: Archer GX90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20240428 rel.48921(5553)

Hey all, I have had a tech from ISP come to my home to check for packet loss.

He said everything was showing fine cable wise, replaced the cable box outside because it wasn't up to their "standard" this year.

He even checked the inside coaxial cable coming from the wall and it showed no packet loss.

Router is in a wooden cabinet within the middle of the house along with the modem. I am playing on Wifi, but even when connecting directly with a 100FT ethernet I bought to test it, I get a recurrent 1% packet loss but quite a bit less often.

Every time I try to play Fortnite constant recurrent packet loss. Speedtest showing high download latency.

Upgraded my Modem from a Netgear CM1000 to a Netgear CM3000 as the tech recommended replacing the modem as the older one was 5-6 years old.

Router is a TP-LINK AX6600, that I replaced my older TP-LINK router with in Sept of 2023 last year.  

Also have an attached picture of what it shows when pingplotting a connection to 8.8.8.8 (Google).

Options
1 Reply
Re:Constant Packet Loss
2024-08-28 08:24:45 - last edited 2024-08-28 08:28:45

@LogicalJordan 

Hi,

Does issue only happen when you play Fortnite? Does it happens on both 2.4G and 5G?

Please check whether ths issue still exist during other online activities.

You can try to change the DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and test if the issue still exist.

How to Change the DNS servers on the wireless router and DSL modem router (New UI)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 93

Replies: 1

Related Articles