Can I Connect an EX530v to my Deco Network?

a week ago
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can I change the Deco M4s to access point mode and connect them to the router (perhaps via a switch) and use it all together?

If the router is okay and helps provide the mesh network then I may as well use that instead of bypassing it and using the M4 tower near the line into my house.

How would I go about back haul connecting a second tower to the router and using WiFi to connect another (the third would be redundant for now).

Would I have to plug the M4 into a specific slot on the router? And then I can connect the switch to another port? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I Connect an EX530v to my Deco Network?
Monday

@DukeCaboom 

Hi,

If there is already a main router in your network, you can set up Deco to AP mode to avoid double NAT issue.

The Ethernet ports on Deco are WAN LAN auto-detected. Usually it needs to connect to the LAN port of the front router, and the other port can be used to connect end devices.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 46

Replies: 1

Related Articles