Is it usual for Deco app to be accessing camera continuously when it can’t find Deco

Is it usual for Deco app to be accessing camera continuously when it can’t find Deco

14 hours ago - last edited 10 hours ago
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi there, I've noticed that my deco app is accessing iPhone camera continuously when I open app but when I have not connected my phone to my wifi network (green light displayed at top of iPhone screen, camera usage system warning on control centr I can assure the camera warning in the screen shot is not being shown due to Face ID being turned on in the app). 
I've had some issues with configuration of my wifi network (two extra wifi hotspots coming from my deco but with hidden SSID, some weird divergant IPv6 multicast traffic routing) so was wondering if this camera view could be being shared outside the app via a configuration of the wifi network . Here are the screenshots showing deco app accessing camera on iPhone and here are certain router logs I'm concerned about 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is it usual for Deco app to be accessing camera continuously when it can’t find Deco
2 hours ago

@DarkNight88 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

May I know the model number and IOS of your iPhone?

Deco online/offline connection status doesn't need to access any cameras. It updates the network status through communication with TP-link Could the server

I checked the Deco APP settings on my devices and it doesn't require "Camera Accessibility"? How about the Deco permissions on your iPhone?

I think the icons here mean you have recently opened the Camera APP and Deco APP. Can I have a screenshot after clicking ">" here, such as:

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 34

Replies: 1

Related Articles