Facing Issue: Wi-Fi Router Not Connecting to My New AI Laptop

Yesterday - last edited 2 hours ago
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 192.168.0.1

Hello TP-Link Community!

I recently made an exciting upgrade to my tech setup by purchasing a new AI laptop, but I've encountered some frustrating connectivity issues with my TP-Link Archer AX72 Wi-Fi router. Although my laptop can detect the Wi-Fi network without any problems, it fails to connect and often displays various error messages, such as "Unable to connect to this network" and "Connection timed out."

This issue has been quite disruptive, as I rely heavily on my laptop for both work and leisure. Here’s what I’ve tried so far to resolve the issue:

1. Rebooting Both Devices: I started with the simplest step and powered off my laptop and the Archer AX72 router. After waiting for a few minutes, I turned them back on, but the connection issue remained unresolved.

2. Forgetting the Network: I went into my laptop’s Wi-Fi settings, removed the saved TP-Link network, and attempted to reconnect by entering the password again. Unfortunately, this did not solve the connectivity problem either.

3. Checking for Software Updates: To ensure compatibility, I updated my laptop’s operating system and all relevant drivers. Despite being up to date, the issue persists.

4. Router Settings: I took a closer look at my TP-Link Archer AX72 router settings. I confirmed that:

• The security settings are set to WPA/WPA2, which should be compatible with my laptop.

• The firmware of the router is updated to the latest version.

5. Testing Other Devices: I also checked if other devices (like my smartphone and tablet) can connect to the router without issues. They connect fine, indicating that the problem may be isolated to the new laptop.

Despite these efforts, I haven’t found a solution. I’m reaching out to see if anyone else has faced similar problems when trying to connect their devices to a TP-Link Archer AX72 router. Any insights, troubleshooting steps, or recommendations for resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Facing Issue: Wi-Fi Router Not Connecting to My New AI Laptop-Solution

@isladavid 

Hi, 

I have 3x Ax72 v.01. (1x main,2xAP)

I've not had any issues with any devices connecting to my routers, I think I know of 2 devices that my friends have that are wifi 7 (phones) and they don't have any issues connecting to my wifi. 

I see you've put a tag for wifi7 but I do beleive this router doesn't have wifi7, 

I doubt your laptop doesn't support 2.4 and 5ghz, by any chance does your laptop support ethernet? If yes will your laptop connect via that?

I'm not very tech savvy so just trying to think of options/ideas that may help. 

Have you checked the client list for your device incase its in the blocked devices as may have been accidentally blocked and in turn the router doing what the router should do and refuse access. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Facing Issue: Wi-Fi Router Not Connecting to My New AI Laptop-Solution

@isladavid 

Hi, 

I have 3x Ax72 v.01. (1x main,2xAP)

I've not had any issues with any devices connecting to my routers, I think I know of 2 devices that my friends have that are wifi 7 (phones) and they don't have any issues connecting to my wifi. 

I see you've put a tag for wifi7 but I do beleive this router doesn't have wifi7, 

I doubt your laptop doesn't support 2.4 and 5ghz, by any chance does your laptop support ethernet? If yes will your laptop connect via that?

I'm not very tech savvy so just trying to think of options/ideas that may help. 

Have you checked the client list for your device incase its in the blocked devices as may have been accidentally blocked and in turn the router doing what the router should do and refuse access. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Facing Issue: Wi-Fi Router Not Connecting to My New AI Laptop
2 hours ago

@Basboi85 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Enable a Guest network with no security using only the 2.4Ghz band and check whether the device can connect to the network.

2. Ensure there are no special characters in the SSID and wireless password, such as apostrophes or other characters mentioned here: Special Characters are not suitable as Wi-Fi Name and Password

3. Confirm the laptop is not in the list of Access Control.

4. Configure Address Reservation for your laptop following this guide.

It is also suggested to contact local support for further advice.

Options