AX72 facing Internet disconnect after 30-40 minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-19 14:26:41
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.0.5

I'm facing AX72 will auto lost internet connection after 30-40 minutes, devices all LED light is up and showing internet LED light is up.

WIFI router status was showing connected to internet, however I can't access to internet. 

I did run diagnose tools I can confirm after 30 minutes I can't ping to public DNS .eg: 8.8.8.8. 

I setup AX72 as access point mode, WIFI and network work as usual. (This setup to prove AX72 WIFI run in good condition)  

I would like to know what was causing lost internet connection after 30-40 minutes, any solution will help to resolve this issue.

Due to this issue I have to turn on old WIFI as WIFI router to run PPoE and AX72 as wireless receiver. 

P.S: AX72's CPU and memory always maitain in health and good condition.

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX72 facing Internet disconnect after 30-40 minutes
2021-12-20 06:32:12

@Pseudowire 

Hello, can you please confirm how did you set up the AX72 to be an access point? Does it connect to the main router via its WAN or LAN port? Be sure the cable between the AX72 and the main router is good, you can try with different cat 5e or cat 6 cables.

Here is the guide to change the AX72 to be an access point, please confirm all the settings on the AX72 are correct:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/

What if you make the AX72 the main router, will it connect stably to the internet? Who is your ISP?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-12-21 04:03:31

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your responded, after few round of troubleshooting, I'm noticed the main issue was due to "Heat". My AX72 always operate in first 30 minutes, the disconnection to ISP only happened after 30 minutes and it subject to the room ventilation . I did use the ice bag to put on top of the AX72 casing to cool down the device heat. My AX72 pretty good continuing operate more than 4 hours without any issue. 

Options
2021-12-22 03:34:29

@Pseudowire 

Thank you very much for getting back and glad to know it is running stably now.

Just want to confirm again, what is the room temperature, and how about the AX72, is it possible to monitor its temperature when the issue happens? Please be sure it is placed on a flat, hard surface where the air can circulate freely around it and heat can escape. Make sure to keep it in a vertical or upright position for better heat dissipation and a cooler device that’s less prone to overheating.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-12-22 07:22:25
Thanks for your kind response. After I review other TP-link product heat issue, yesterday I changed the WIFI transmit power from High to Low and it's help to stable the internet connection. I did test today and I'm not facing internet disruption. Anyway I will continue monitor and update in this forum later.
Options
2021-12-22 07:35:20

@Pseudowire 

That's great, good job. Please let me know if the issue is resolved. Thank you.smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1346

Replies: 5

Related Articles