If i turn wifi off on router (using Deco X50 as mesh) can i still plug ethernet cables into router

If i turn wifi off on router (using Deco X50 as mesh) can i still plug ethernet cables into router

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I plan on getting deco X50 to make a mesh network in my house.

I will turn current routers WiFi off (avoid interference), but can i still run ethernet cables from this router?

I have a home PC and TV that is currently using ethernet connection and would be great if can continue that.

Options
1 Reply
Re:If i turn wifi off on router (using Deco X50 as mesh) can i still plug ethernet cables into router
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@buzzle 

Yes, you can without issues - if both PC and TV are wired to the router.

You can also make one step further: configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. With Deco mesh in AP mode any free Ethernet port (on router, Main Deco, Satellite Deco) can be used to wired device such as PC and they all will be on the same LAN.

For example, I have wired printer connected to one of Satellite Deco ports, NAS to the router, Smart TV to Main Deco Ethernet port, another PC - to Satellite Deco Ethernet port. Everything works.

See Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

Options