EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller

EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller

21 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller
17 hours ago

dawoys wrote

Hey team, thanks for sharing this information.

I am wondering - if I do the following:

1. Pick up one of the supported routers (e.g. C80, C6) just as the EasyMesh host

2. Set the C80/C6 to AP mode 

3. Remove the antennas of C80/C6 and hide it away in a faraday cage

4. Use a BE805 and AX72 via ethernet backhaul (I have these lying around as spares)

Would I then be able to effectively achieve EasyMesh in AP mode with the BE805 and AX72, and the C80/C6 just effectively acting as a "controller" of sorts? 

And would there be any performance penalty?

Thanks in advance!

@dawoys Theoretically, this should work, but it seems inefficient to configure the Archer C80/C6 solely as an EasyMesh controller.cool

Instead, I suggest configuring both the BE805 and AX72 in AP Mode with identical wireless settings. Since they share the same configurations, this approach is more efficient.

Additionally, the BE805 is planned to support EasyMesh in AP Mode in the near future. Once that support is available, you can connect the BE805 and AX72 via EasyMesh.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options