Firewall + Bridge Mode

Firewall + Bridge Mode
Firewall + Bridge Mode
2024-08-24 16:41:30
Model: Deco BE65  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 Build 20240723 Rel. 26458

Hello everyone,

My question: I have a modem only device now and I can put it in bridge mode to prevent the double NAT. I haven't done that yet, because I don't know if deco mesh be65 has a firewall. My ISP told me that if I turn bridge mode on, my mesh system won't have a firewall to protect me. They told me to use the yellow LAN port instead of the blue WAN port. What should I do?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Firewall + Bridge Mode
2024-08-26 06:36:37 - last edited 2024-08-26 06:38:02

@Martijn43 

Hi,

Thanks for contacting TP-Link Community.

Deco BE65 also has firewall, you can check Deco BE65 Datasheet.

I am not sure about the WAN port and LAN port that you mentioned. Are you talking about the ports on the modem? Deco BE65 has 4× 2.5 Gbps but all of them are white.

If you do not want to change the modem to bridge mode, you can set up Deco as Access Point mode to avoid double NAT issue.

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 165

Replies: 1

Related Articles