Which is the best TP Link range extender to use with an "Optus Ultra Wifi Modem Gen 2" modem?

Which is the best TP Link range extender to use with an "Optus Ultra Wifi Modem Gen 2" modem?

2024-08-16 05:07:15

I have a very large single story house with internal timber framed and plasterboard walls. I use an "Optus Ultra Wifi Modem Gen 2" modem here in Australia. The choice of TP Link range extenders and the technical jargon on your web site is beyond me. I just need to know which is the best (all bells and whistles) TP Link wifi range extender/booster that I should buy that is compatible with my modem. Can someone just let me know please.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Which is the best TP Link range extender to use with an "Optus Ultra Wifi Modem Gen 2" modem?
2024-08-19 06:40:49

@Belairboy 

Hi

The range extender can enhance the network coverage of your router using Wi-Fi. If you have thick walls in your home, it is advisable to consider using an Ethernet Cable to connect the extender to the router, specifically by setting the extender to access point mode.

Given that your router is a dual-band Wi-Fi 6 router, it may be beneficial to explore an extender from the provided link:
Wi-Fi 6 extender
One option to consider is the RE705X model.

However, it's important to note that we may not be aware of all the advanced features of your router. Therefore, we recommend reaching out to router support for clarification on any specific advanced functionalities.

Options
Re:Which is the best TP Link range extender to use with an "Optus Ultra Wifi Modem Gen 2" modem?
2024-08-19 07:33:50

@Joseph-TP thanks for your reply. In the meantime, I purchased the RE700X which looks to be much the same as your suggested RE705X

Options
2024-08-22 03:40:54

@Belairboy 

Hi

I'm delighted to learn that you've acquired the product. Your selection of the RE700X, a dual-band extender for Wi-Fi 6, is indeed a wise decision. Thank you for sharing your purchase with us.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 227

Replies: 3

Related Articles