Can’t access my range extender

2024-07-31 11:26:11 - last edited 2024-08-08 09:58:02
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there, 

I'm completely stuck trying to set up my range extender. It had been working before, but began to fail on me and now I can't even access the configuration. 

It's currently connected, with solid power light and blinking wifi. 

The extender's range wifi is visible on my phone but when I try to log in I get a "captive wifi" landing page saying that the account and password info is incorrect and suggesting to reset to factory settings. I did, but nothing changes. 

I tried setting up the device in the Tether app, and go through the same. I can't connect to the extender's wifi and again the suggestion is to reset to factory settings. 

I followed instructions to do the factory reset, and get to blinking lights but after everything

goes back to square one. I still cannot join the network or set up the device properly. 

Any suggestions?

thanks!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can’t access my range extender-Solution
2024-08-01 06:31:12 - last edited 2024-08-02 12:58:09

@BrianLW 

Hi,

Please also try to configure the RE via the website.

After set up, the WIFI password will be the same as the main router. 

You can check the LED explanation in the User Guide. For some old version like V1, the WIFI light blinking is normal.

TL-WR850RE support

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can’t access my range extender-Solution
2024-08-01 06:31:12 - last edited 2024-08-02 12:58:09

@BrianLW 

Hi,

Please also try to configure the RE via the website.

After set up, the WIFI password will be the same as the main router. 

You can check the LED explanation in the User Guide. For some old version like V1, the WIFI light blinking is normal.

TL-WR850RE support

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can’t access my range extender
2024-08-02 12:58:56
Thank you for your prompt reply! This completely fixed my issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 2

Related Articles