Whatsapp calling stopped working over wifi, gets stuck on "connecting..". It works ok on mobile data

Whatsapp calling stopped working over wifi, gets stuck on "connecting..". It works ok on mobile data

2024-06-11 21:13:00 - last edited 2024-06-18 06:27:57
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20230324 Rel. 50892

Setup: Fibre box > Deco S7 home mesh wifi (includes 3 unit) > All devices

Background and Issue: I have been using above setup since a year, I never had any issue on whatsapp calling. since last couple of days, whatsapp call (Video/audio) gets stuck on "Connecting.." and it never connects over wifi. All phones on my network have this issue, I have checked mine (Android) and my partner's (Android) phone, only whatsapp calling when used over wifi not workin, over mobile data it works normal.

Troubleshooting tried:

- All general steps (reopening apps, re-added wifi network, rebooted wifi and fibre box, got ISP to reset network, cleared whatsapp cache, reinstalled whatsapp, reset network settings, restarted phone couple of times, all apps and firmware is updated) - no change

- Tried to add port forwarding - no luck (may be I'm not setting up correctly, but when I tested using Deco's open port checker, it never comes as positive)

Can someone please help me get whatsapp calling work again?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Whatsapp calling stopped working over wifi, gets stuck on "connecting..". It works ok on mobile data-Solution
2024-06-17 08:33:09 - last edited 2024-06-18 06:27:57

Hey guys, 

Whatsapp issue has been resolved now so thank you for your time and effort.

Solution: I had to replace wifi system from Deco mesh to Netgear router. It must be to do with some kind of security which has been pushed through or come in place a week ago. I was lucky that I still had my warranty on Decos, but this is for someone who is thinking to buying Deco products.

Deco really gave me hard time. TP Link should look into these problems and improve their products.

Customer service is great but disappointed with product and hidden changes to network.

Once again, thanks and have a great day!

Nirmal Patel

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Whatsapp calling stopped working over wifi, gets stuck on "connecting..". It works ok on mobile data
2024-06-12 03:36:52

@patelnirmal Your firmware is more than a year old.

Update to 1.5.0 firmware & see if the problem persists

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:Whatsapp calling stopped working over wifi, gets stuck on "connecting..". It works ok on mobile data
2024-06-13 04:18:54
Hi Imtiaz, My Deco S7 is running on latest version the one I mentioned. I have confirmed with TP link support. Unfortunately, whatever they have tried didn't work for whatsapp. At the end, I will have to try replacing router with other brand. I regret buying Deco now. Thanks for your suggestion though.
Options
2024-06-13 06:59:27

@patelnirmal 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

Deco S7_V1_1.5.0 was just released a few days ago and many users might still be unstable to receive the firmware notification.

If you want to test the new firmware, please refer to Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-06-14 00:19:23

@David-TP 

As per your suggestion, I went to download center but there is no option coming for new firmware release 1.5. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. Here is what I can see.

Options
2024-06-14 08:10:36

@patelnirmal Go to the page link that David-TP provided, not the download page

Options
2024-06-15 10:16:04

@ImtiazAli @David-TP 

I have updated my Decos to 1.5 version firmware. Rebooted whole network. Reconnected all devices but the issue remained the same.

I have tried WhatsApp calling from my mate's place, it worked normally. This proves that it is 100% Deco issue, somehow not allowing whatsapp to connect calls. 

Could TP Link please provide me further solution?

Regards,

Nirmal Patel

Options
2024-06-16 04:09:35

@patelnirmal Have you tried disabling fast roaming & enabling beamforming?

Options
2024-06-16 04:38:00

@ImtiazAli  Yes Decos are running on disabled fast roaming and enabled beamfoaming but there is no change on issue. Something is not right somewhere for whatsapp over Deco mesh system (It worked completely alright from Oct 23 till last week). I have been using other apps like facebook, Instagram and Signal for calling which works normally.

Options
Re:Whatsapp calling stopped working over wifi, gets stuck on "connecting..". It works ok on mobile data-Solution
2024-06-17 08:33:09 - last edited 2024-06-18 06:27:57

Hey guys, 

Whatsapp issue has been resolved now so thank you for your time and effort.

Solution: I had to replace wifi system from Deco mesh to Netgear router. It must be to do with some kind of security which has been pushed through or come in place a week ago. I was lucky that I still had my warranty on Decos, but this is for someone who is thinking to buying Deco products.

Deco really gave me hard time. TP Link should look into these problems and improve their products.

Customer service is great but disappointed with product and hidden changes to network.

Once again, thanks and have a great day!

Nirmal Patel

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 778

Replies: 9

Related Articles