Access control for Guest network with Bridge mode

2024-06-07 04:09:44
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

English is not my native language (I can speak Japanese only.), so it is may be difficult to understand by my explain.

<Topology>

ONU ---- Router ---- HUB#1 ---- Deco#1(AP mode) ---- HUB#2 ---- (Ether backhaul) ---- Deco#2

<Information>

- Deco is running in Bridge mode and transmits the main SSID and guest SSID.

- There are some network devices under HUB#1 and HUB#2 that are connected each other.

- I want to allow devices connected to the main SSID to all communicate with the Internet, with devices under HUB#1, and with devices under HUB#2.

<Question>

I want to prohibit all devices connected to the guest SSID from accessing devices under HUB#1. Similarly, I would like to prohibit communication with devices under HUB#2.

I want to allow only communication with the Internet, is this possible?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Access control for Guest network with Bridge mode
2024-06-10 02:10:29

To supplement the message I sent earlier,

I contacted TP-Link's email support with this question. However, I received a reply that "Our product cannot use the guest network function in AP mode."

I'm confused because the guest network feature is selectable at Deco app in AP(bridge) mode.

Options
Re:Access control for Guest network with Bridge mode
2024-06-13 03:00:12 - last edited 2024-06-13 03:00:59

@cottonspace 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Under AP mode, there is a separate switch "Allow Local Access" under the guest network. You could disable this option, then all guest Wi-Fi devices could only access the LAN gateway in order to have internet(in your case, it would be the LAN IP of the ISP router.)

For the "HUB#1" and "HUB#2" here, I think you might refer to the network switches, right?

All the wired devices connected to the HUBs would be considered as the local devices. So it is possible that the guest Wi-Fi devices will be unable to access either "HUB#1" or "HUB#2".

Thanks again and best regards.

Options