Port forwarding not working externally Deco X50

2024-05-01 08:53:07
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hi. Before I got my Deco X50 I had fibre and a Vodafone router. I have a Windows server running IIS. I opened ports 80 and 443 on my Vodafone router to my Windows machine and the IIS site displays when pointing to my domain.

With the Deco I've set up the same firewall rules.

Now here is where I get a bit confused but it seems quite a common topic.

If I connect to the Deco X50 and test my external IP and bind that using Cloudflare DNS, nothing happens.

After reading on TP-Link site, I should instead be using the WAN IP which I can see within the app. That is a 10.* address. In Cloudflare I tried changing the A records to that but it doesn't allow it (if proxied) so I turned off proxy and set the IP. If I ping my domain name it now returns the WAN IP of the Deco. However, still I cannot access my websites externally.

I know the Windows machine is set up as I can switch back to my Vodafone router and update my DNS and it's fine.

What am I missing? My set up is just straight into the Deco X50, nothing else. Am I going to have to set up DDNS within the app for it to work, or is it simply not possible using a SIM? Any help appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Port forwarding not working externally Deco X50
2024-05-06 06:37:42

@muffinbubble 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I think it is very likely your SIM carrier uses CG-NAT service and you might need to contact the SIM carrier to ask for a public IP address:

CG-NAT Blocks my OpenVPN and restricks the NAT type

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 294

Replies: 1

Related Articles