No internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No internet
No internet
2024-03-29 12:18:19
Model: Deco W2400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My setup: Comcast router, hardwired to first Deco, hub (for other hardwired computers), 2nd Deco (hardwired from hub), 3rd Deco (wireless).

This setup HAD worked, but I was not able to 'see' other computers and share files.

I then tried 'acces point mode' per instructions. No sure what went wrong, but could afford messing around long, so switched back to normal status.

Since then: Network works, hardwired computers have internet. Wireless computers say 'no internet'. 

Interestingly, 2 Alexa divices WORK, and wireless outlets/switches work. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:No internet
2024-03-29 12:25:05

@KraftwerkTurbo 

Update:

Phone app confirms Operation Mode is "Wifi Router".

But when I check on the wireless computer, under wirless properties, it still says ACESS POINT. Maybe that is the reason for 'no internet'?

How to I fix?

Options
2024-04-01 03:51:38

@KraftwerkTurbo 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Can I have a screenshot that "when I check on the wireless computer, under wireless properties, it still says ACESS POINT"?

-Personally, I think the "Access Point" here does not refer to the operation mode, and it just refers to the wireless router.

It is also suggested to manually restart the Mesh system once

By the way, all all the Deco W3400 solid white now?

Can I know the model number of the hub to expand extra ports here?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-04-01 11:50:34

@David-TP 

Quick question: how can I TELL in which mode the Mesh is operating (Router vs Acces Point)? 

Just want to make 100% sure that all are in Router mode (the 'normal' mode I guess). 

And I surely will NOT switch to Access Point Mode for trial/test after the mess this created. 

Options
2024-04-01 11:54:18
Update: Wireless computers now have "internet". No sure what made it work again, too many changes, reboots, physical moves, etc. Also, it often takes LOTS of trials and reboots of a Deco Mesh unit to finally connect. It seems to random. Also takes quite long every time (the entire process from shutoff (pull power plug), blinking yellow, to solid white (not sure always blinkin red comes before finally solid white, or stays blining 'non white' I guess; colors poorly chosen with little contrast between what manual calls yellow or white).
Options
2024-04-01 11:58:09

@David-TP 

David, is my setup as described above (modem, Mesh router, hub, wired computers, wireless Mesh) 'correct'? 

I have one Mesh unit currently sitting on a computer that is wired to the hub. I guess I COULD hardwire the Mesh, and connect the computer to the 2nd lan port of teh W2400. And basically hardwire that Mesh unit (not having to rely on wireless connection to the main Mesh)?

Options
2024-04-02 10:22:18

@KraftwerkTurbo 

KraftwerkTurbo wrote

@David-TP 

David, is my setup as described above (modem, Mesh router, hub, wired computers, wireless Mesh) 'correct'? 

I have one Mesh unit currently sitting on a computer that is wired to the hub. I guess I COULD hardwire the Mesh, and connect the computer to the 2nd lan port of teh W2400. And basically hardwire that Mesh unit (not having to rely on wireless connection to the main Mesh)?

Yes, you could hardware the 2nd Deco via the hub, then connect the PC to the 2nd LAN port.

How to use Ethernet Ports on Deco?

Best regards.

Options