Connection speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connection speed
Connection speed
2023-11-19 09:58:43

Hi could someone please confirm whether the speeds in this picture are the speeds i am receiving from my deco m4 setup, or whether its a connecrion speed between the deco units. 

When i run a speed test in any room am i correct in assuming its picking up the speed transmitted from the main router which is coming from the sky router, or whether its picking up the speed transmitteed from the deco. My devices are connected to the deco and working ok (netflix bbc itv hubs etc.. ) please see pic. My speed test is showing 75ish mbps download

Cant attach pic but connections on deco screen are showing fluctuation between kbps speeds and only up to about 10mbps

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection speed
2023-11-20 07:19:14

@Leedaykin 

Hi, is the first Deco M4 connected behind the SKY router?

You can attach the pictures here:

As for the speed rate on the Deco APP, it only displays the real-time data rate passing through the CPU and doesn't include hardware acceleration. So it has a huge difference from what you have received via speed-test.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Connection speed
2023-11-20 07:39:12

@David-TP 

David-TP wrote

@Leedaykin 

Hi, is the first Deco M4 connected behind the SKY router?

You can attach the pictures here:

As for the speed rate on the Deco APP, it only displays the real-time data rate passing through the CPU and doesn't include hardware acceleration. So it has a huge difference from what you have received via speed-test.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Hi david, 

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes it is. 

But since then i have checked connected xboxes and firesticks via their own settings when connected and the speeds they are getting are great. 

Your eplanation has put my mind at rest and it seems to be performing well. Will.be switching to jurassic fibre this week so hopefull will be getting an even greater connection speed. 

Lee 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 261

Replies: 2

Related Articles