I had an AX210 WiFi card and when I changed to an TX50E card it didn't let me update the drivers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I had an AX210 WiFi card and when I changed to an TX50E card it didn't let me update the drivers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-03 20:09:09
Model: Archer TX50E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Basically I bought a new Wi-Fi card and when I tried to update the drivers it told me that the old driver is a higher version. For now I do have Wi-Fi but it is at a very low speed, so I need to have the correct drivers. I already tried to install you in safe mode and I couldn't either

In device manager it still appears as "AX210":

And when I try to install the official drivers from the page (https://www.tp-link.com/es/support/download/archer-tx50e/), this is the error:

Please guys, I need urgent support to solve this so my internet speeds get better.

Options
3 Reply
Re:I had an AX210 WiFi card and when I changed to an TX50E card it didn't let me update the drivers
2023-11-04 21:49:12 - last edited 2023-11-04 22:55:24

@MattTaronna 

Hi,

The Intel AX210 Wi-Fi module uses the same driver package as the Intel AX200 module on the Archer TX50E, so if you already had the newest driver for the AX210 installed, then there is no need to install an older driver version from TP-Link's website.

Have you pulled the AX210 Wi-Fi card from the computer entirely and the TX50E is now the only Wi-Fi card installed inside the computer?

It is indeed weird that the Archer TX50E is detected as "Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210..." instead of "Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ...".
In the Device Manager can you please open "Properties" -> "Details" of the Intel AX210 card and then under "Property" select "Hardware Ids", look up the PCI ID of your card and then report back here?

An AX210 should have the PCI ID "VEN_8086&DEV_2725", while the PCI ID of an AX200 as used on the TX50E should be "VEN_8086&DEV_2723".

Options
Re:I had an AX210 WiFi card and when I changed to an TX50E card it didn't let me update the drivers
2023-11-06 16:39:29

@woozle 

Thanks for the reply. I understand they have compatible drivers, but this card's performance is very bad compared to last one. I have 1Gbps of speed and it is only taking 150Mbps, the Intel AX210 was grabbing roughly 450Mbps.

I have pulled out the card, it is actually broken (idk why) but the nombers from this new card are very bad, maybe bc of the drivers?

The hardware Id is "VEN_8086&DEV_2725", so the computer is looking at it as a AX210...

Options
2023-11-06 22:14:00 - last edited 2023-11-06 22:15:56

@MattTaronna 

It seems unusual that a TX50E card has an AX210 module installed, because the TX50E's specs actually match those of an AX200 module. But somehow you must have got a free upgrade then, be it done intentionally or inadvertently by TP-Link.

Anyway, an Intel AX210 module installed onto a PCIe to M.2 adapter card made by TP-Link shouldn't perform different than an Intel AX210 module installed on a PCIe to M.2 adapter card made by another company.

Were the antennas of your previous AX210 Wi-Fi card also mounted directly onto the SMA connectors of the Wi-Fi card (like on the TX50E) or did you use antennas with extension cables, like those that come with the TP-Link Archer TX3000E or TXE75E?

Provided your previous AX210 Wi-Fi card and the new TX50E use the same antennas, but the TX50E performs much worse, then there might indeed be something wrong with it.

Assuming the drivers you installed previously were legit drivers from Intel (and not some hacked ones), then there is no reason to believe that an older driver version would solve your problems.

But if you still want to try the older Intel drivers from TP-Link's website, then uninstall the current ones via the Device Manager. (make sure you tick the box "Delete the driver software for this device", as shown in the picture below)

Depending on how many times you have manually updated the Intel drivers before you may need to do this uninstall procedure several times, until you have finally rolled back to no driver or at least to a driver version that is older than the drivers you intend to install. 

(as of today the latest drivers from Intel for the AX200/AX210 are at version 22.250.x)

Options