Deco XE75 Wired Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco XE75 Wired Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco XE75 Wired Issues
Deco XE75 Wired Issues
2023-08-04 16:41:16
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently picked up a pack of Deco XE75's to replace some very old google pucks. I was able to set them up and get a WAN connection fine. Wireless client's work fine.

My current issue is that wired clients connected to the MAIN Deco are not able to get IP addresses or connect over the network. The network is laid out as:

Modem->Main Deco->TPLink Switch->PC.

I have also tried connecting directly to the Main Deco with a PC. Main deco is in router mode with a static IP from my ISP.

If I connect to a secondary Deco, which I just set up to test, wired connections work fine, IE:

Modem->Main Deco->Secondary Deco (Over wireless backhaul)->Switch->PC.

This is not very helpful, as I dont' have a need to have 2 APs sitting in my office right next to each other. I'm currently suspecting this is a wlan/lan autodetction issue, or something along those lines?

I've ran some wireshark captures while things were connected to the main deco and a DHCP discovery goes unanswered. I set a static IP address within the range of the Deco's IP addresses and an ARP request for the gateway goes unanswered.

I have tried rebooting everything. Different cables. Updated firmware. And all of the above to no avail.

What gives?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 Wired Issues
2023-08-05 13:35:02 - last edited 2023-08-05 13:44:50

@wizzardlizzard 

Check if IPTV feature got enabled in your Deco mesh. If it is enabled, see if you can disable it. More about that feature here: How to Configure IPTV function on Deco

Options
Re:Deco XE75 Wired Issues
2023-08-05 21:47:14

@Alexandre. 

Nope, that is not configured either.

I've reached out to customer support and after a few grueling hours of explaining the same thing and over they decided that I had a unique case (IE, they don't know).

They have insisting on escalating it to engineering despite me informing them that I've just ordered some ubiquiti gear and will be returning the decos to Amazon. They are more pain than they are worth and if I'm going to play network engineer I may as well do it with good gear that has way more configuration options.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 944

Replies: 2

Related Articles