Ethernet cable not connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-06 10:13:06

Hi! 

I've bought an m4 deco, and it has been working flawlessly for the past few weeks until this morning. The light turned red, and I did some troubleshooting such as restarting the unit, until I finally decided to use the factory reset. 

Upon setting up again, the constant error it has been giving me was Ethernet cable not connected. I thought that maybe it was due to faulty wiring of my lan cable, so I changed the cable to a new one, and it still gave me the same error. 

Internet is always connected. 

I'm stumped on what to do now. Any help would be appreciated!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Ethernet cable not connected
2023-07-07 07:05:09

@Omuricebestdish 

Hi, here are suggestions, and please let me know whether they worked:

1. connect a wired laptop via the same Ethernet port to the ISP modem and confirm the laptop could get internet service.

2. After that, please try to set it up again but did not plug the cable until the APP guides you to connect Deco to the main modem, or only plug the cable after it displayed the error "Ethernet cable is not connected".

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
2023-07-08 04:59:23

@David-TP 

Hey man, thanks for the reply! 

I did both steps, and I'm sorry this turned out really confusing for me. 

So, I attached the Lan cable from the router to my laptop, and sadly, there's no internet that went through. Our router may be our problem. 

Next, I followed the second instruction, but this time I attached the Lan cable to an extender since we WiFi as working fine, but yea, it gave me the same error.  

I'm completely stumped. 

Options
2023-07-10 02:32:49

@Omuricebestdish 

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

As for your second test:

"I attached the Lan cable to an extender since we WiFi as working fine, but yea, it gave me the same error.  ", the extender here is a non-Deco standard wireless range extender, right?

If yes, both tests seemed to tell the same thing there is something wrong with the Ethernet connection from the ISP modem router whether it is not activated or something else. You could try to contact ISP to see if they could help us check whether additional settings need to be configured on the modem router.

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-12-05 09:53:04

@David-TP I also have this same issue with my P9 setup. Has been operating fine for over 12 months until last night. Now I get the same error message as above. 

Options
2023-12-23 01:45:00

@Omuricebestdish hello, im not sure if this helps but i had a similar issue just now setting up mine for the first time, it came with 3 that i foolishly plugged all in first then tried to set them up individually, after about an hour of struggling i decided to unplug the other two i had put around the house and that did it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2822

Replies: 5

Related Articles