Management of Cpe510 from Deco backhaul network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-29 06:33:50

Hi, I have setup an AP > client connection from the Cpe510s to add another Deco in another building using the backhaul network. I have currently added the CPE IP addresses to the broadband router subnet with reservations and added a route to the internet. This works for wired devices but not for the Deco Mesh so I will need to move the CPE to a separate switch that I will use for the Deco backhaul. When I do this I would like to be able to manage the CPEs from my Deco wireless network. Should I be able to do this? Would I need to assign the cpe IPs to the range used by the Deco backhaul network?

Thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Management of Cpe510 from Deco backhaul network
2023-06-30 07:44:44

@Stick2001 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have a picture of your network layout, such as:

ISP Broadband router---CPE 510(AP)----<---->---CPE510(client)---main Deco)))(((satellite Deco

or ISP Broadband router--main Deco----CPE 510(AP)----<---->---CPE510(client)--satellite Deco

As for managing CPE510s, can you give me some examples of how you wish to manage it via the Deco APP?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Management of Cpe510 from Deco backhaul network
2023-07-06 09:00:41

@David-TP 

Hi,

I got this working by adding a switch to connect the decos and connecting the Cpe510 master to the same switch. I assigned static IP's outside the DHCP range of the Deco system <.100 but checked to make sure it was not conflicting with one of the Deco units. With this config I am able to connect a device to the Deco mesh and still reach the management interface of the CPE units 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 2

Related Articles