Recommended TP Product Upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-20 13:55:31 - last edited 2023-04-20 14:15:01
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.3 Build 20190326 Rel.43406

Hi, i am currently running the TL-WPA4220 TKIT; its used by plugging into a SkyQ router and with a powerline adapter plugged in an outside office around (10m) from the SkyQ box.

The speed in the house is around 60-70mb. The office; the adapter is plugged directly into a desktop PC; plus there is also a laptop that needs to connect via WIFI (as the signal is too weak to reach the house connection without it)

The speed in the office is around 10mb internet speed.  The admin portal is showing: RX: 35mb TX 27mb.

With the product being a few years old; is there any new TP product i can purchase that would allow for both the main PC being plugged into a powerline; but also have the wifi of the laptop connect with increased speeds?

Would maybe a wifi extender help? i.e. TP-Link AC2600

Options
1 Reply
Re:Recommended TP Product Upgrade
2023-04-21 03:39:44

@Kai_TP 

Hi,

1. By RX: 35mb TX 27mb, do you mean the powerline rate displayed on the tpPLC utility between the two powerline devices?

If so, the powerline rate is too slow, please check if it will be better: What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

2. For newer powerline devices, you could consider TL-WPA8631P KIT, or TL-WPA8630P KIT which support higher powerline rates than TL-WPA4220 KIT.

Please note that the actual speed will be still related to powerline quality and will be affected by powerline interference.

3. For TP-Link AC2600, it is not a model number, do you mean non-powerline devices, just Wi-Fi range extender? If so, that is also a solution to boost Wi-Fi signal, for more information, please refer to How to Boost Your Wi-Fi Signal

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 1

Related Articles