3rd Deco shows offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3rd Deco shows offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:3rd Deco shows offline
2023-03-28 15:23:12

moo_tada wrote

@Alexandre.  

Had to setup network from scratch, now 2nd and 3rd Deco show offline:

After reboot, main deco and 2nd deco online, but 3rd deco (ground floor) shows offline,even after rebooting:

Please note, al three deco's are now on the same floor and less than a meter apart

@moo_tada 

If this screenshot is when all three deco units are less than a meter apart, something must be wrong with hardware. As you can see on screenshot, one Satellite can't connect at all while another has really weak signal to Main Deco. 

With M5s so close to each other if everything was right, you should have seen Strong signal on both Satellites, all bars.

Because both Satellites can't establish strong link, the suspect would be Main Deco. I would recommend to promote one of Satellites to Main Deco and see if it changes anything. See Changing the Main Unit for your Mesh Network

Options
2023-04-23 09:18:11

@Alexandre. Hello, I tried promoting one of the satellite decos to main deco and the issue still persists. I was busy with work and could not continue troubleshooting that time. I got the time today to do it from scratch one more time and it seems both the satellite decos are offline and devices are frequently getting g disconnected from main deco 

Options
2023-04-23 11:19:48

@moo_tada 

Sounds like some sort of hardware issues for me. There are no configuration settings that will force Satellite Deco connect to Main Deco if they can't on their own, when they are in close proximity to Main Deco.

If you can return that Deco set or exchange it under the warranty, that would be my recommendation. 

Sorry that I can't be more helpful for you.

Options
Related Articles