Deco X68 connectivity issues with iPhones and Macs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-23 10:21:25 - last edited 2022-08-23 10:23:20
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi,

Recently my X68 mesh has been acting up and I'm getting constant connection issues on specifically iPhones and Macs. When i try to connect to the network it gives me the error message "could not connect to this network". Periodically forgetting the network and reconnecting works, but the devices always end up disconnecting after a short while.

Have anyone encountered similar issues on the newer firmware?  

i have tried to update, reformat, changing the network name and downloading new firmware, but nothing seems to work. I have about 20 different devices running on the network, but I'm only running into the issue on different iPhones and newer Macs. 

Thanks,

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X68 connectivity issues with iPhones and Macs
2022-08-24 02:48:55

@Mrehv Hi Thanks for the feedback.

May I know the model number and IOS version of these unstable iPhones and Macs? 

Have you tried to temporarily turn off fast roaming/beamforming under Deco APP>More>Advanced to see whether it helped improve the connection?

Please also turn off "Mesh Technology" on the Apple devices:

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-20 16:45:21

@David-TP 

Sorry for the late reply.

The issue is occurring on a range of iOs devices (Iphone 5s, two iPhone 11 pro and one  12 mini). When i posted a while ago i was running iOs 15, but now the devices are running iOs 16.0 with the same issue. 

I have tried disabling Fast roaming, Beamforming and "Mesh technology" on the specific devices. 

Anything else I can try?  

Thank you for helping so far. 

Options
2022-09-21 12:14:34 - last edited 2022-09-22 01:22:44

@Mrehv Thanks for the update.

Could you please also turn off "Private address" on the iPhones to see whether it made any difference?

And please also change the network security mode to WPA2-AES, not choosing WPA2+WPA3 mixed for troubleshooting purposes.

Then if possible, please enable the guest network for 5ghz only and connect to the guest network for a while to see whether the connectivity improved.

At the same time, I would like to follow up on your case by email, and please check whether you could get an email from me later.

Edit:

I have seen some users report that turning off SIP ALG under Deco App>More>Advanced improved the stability a lot and maybe you could have a test as well.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-07 23:01:02

@David-TP 

Thank you for the suggestions. After troubleshooting for quite a while I am still without a solution. The 5GHz network still has the same issue. However, the guest network does not have the issue, and loads just fine (with WPA2/WPA3). 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 414

Replies: 4

Related Articles