Ideal channel width for wifi Crowded place??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-30 14:13:45 - last edited 2022-08-02 06:47:29
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20201231 rel.39772(5553)

so basically i live in a wifi crowded place. so what channel and width is  rocommend for me ?

Router model archer c60 v3

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ideal channel width for wifi Crowded place??
2022-08-01 07:06:26

Hello @FAHIM01 

You can install and run a Wi-Fi analyzer on a mobile to review the networks around you, then choose one with the least interference compared with others for both the 2.4G and 5G networks.

As for the channel width, you can choose 20MHz for the 2.4G and 40MHz for the 5G to monitor the performance.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-08-02 06:43:04 - last edited 2022-08-02 06:47:29

@Kevin_Z 

i set 40MHz channel 149 on 5ghz 

but why it shows  80Mhz on wifi analyzer when i tested ?

Options
2022-08-04 07:12:23

@FAHIM01 

Please check and be sure the changes have been saved on the C60, and the channel width is 40MHz. Reboot the C60 and try to run a different Wi-Fi analyzer or scanner software to confirm if it does broadcast at 40MHz again.

If it still displays as 80MHz, can I have a screenshot of the 5G wireless settings page and the status page that displays the 5G channel?

BTW, is there an issue if you leave it Auto or working at 80MHz? If not, you may leave it auto and let the router choose the best settings automatically.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 679

Replies: 3

Related Articles