Wifi issues in one device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-30 13:35:11
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello 

I bought three of these devices. Each to a different home.

One of the devices has issues with the wifi. 

I mean it only operates well if I'm close to the box. What can I do?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wifi issues in one device
2022-05-05 06:19:53

@Elis02 

Nice to see you again.

Were you trying to say the wireless coverage of the Deco X20-DSL is not powerful enough?

"it only operates well if I'm close to the box", can I have more details about what would happen if the clients are a little bit further away?

I see you mentioned there are 3*X20-DSL on different locations, is this the only one with problems?

Have you tried to factory reset this one or swap the location with the other two, then check whether it is always the same unit with issues?

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-05 06:37:17

@David-TP 

Hi

Three items i.e I bought several. One for my home and two for other homes (family members)

The issue is only with mine. Once I get some distance from it (~7m), I see my phone is saying that it has a bad wifi connection. 

It doesn't happen with others. When I restart the device it starts to be ok but repeats. Didn't try factory reset, how will this help?

Eli

Options
2022-05-25 11:14:02

@David-TP 

Any idea of what can I do?

Options
2022-05-26 08:16:10

@Elis02 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

May I know the model number of your mobile phone? Can I have a screenshot of the error message?

Except for the smartphone, would other mobile devices have the same notification when they are a little bit far away from the X20-DSL?

Sometimes, the barriers in between will interfere with the wireless signal, and would the phone has the same notice when it is in the clear sight of Deco X20-DSL?

There are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Temporarily turn off the 2.4ghz on the main network.

2. Disable the "Mesh Technology" on the smartphone.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 497

Replies: 4

Related Articles