AX50 Slow WiFi via BT FFTP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-01 12:52:00
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good morning, 

Yesterday I received my new AX300 router and although it is working as in I have WiFi the actual speeds are slower than I was getting via my BT Smart Hub 2.  I have a full fiber 900mbps BT connection that was averaging between 350-480mbps however now with this router connected to it i'm only getting between 200-300mbps.  I purchased this in the believe that my Wi-Fi speeds on both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz would be much faster as well as gaining better coverage.

Please could someone help me with the best settings etc?  I have tried both modes (router and access point) as well as manually setting the expected speeds via the QoS which was a recommendation I found on here but no improvement. I have connected via an Ethernet cable from one of my BT Hubs LAN ports into the WLAN port on emy router and tried playing with the channels etc however these are now back on Auto.  I have also disabled WiFi on my BT hub so there are no conflicts etc.

Right now I am tempted to send this back as I am extremely disappointed with the level of performance 

Thanks in advance 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX50 Slow WiFi via BT FFTP
2022-01-01 22:24:26

@GrahamS 

Hi,

Is only the Wi-Fi slow and when you are connected by cable to any of the AX50's LAN ports you get the full speed?

In case you also get low speeds via the AX50's LAN ports, do you remember if you already got these low speeds before you activated any of the router's "HomeCare" features (QoS being one of them)?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 395

Replies: 1

Related Articles