Len.p10 won't connect after ax1500 firmw.upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-28 17:56:42
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Bought the router today and everything connected, 8 different things. Saw there was a firmware upgrade. Did it with no problems except that my Lenovo p10 pad won't connect to the router again.

So your rating right now has dropped to 1. So fu***ng mad right now.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Len.p10 won't connect after ax1500 firmw.upgrade
2021-12-28 21:06:55

@Blackebo 

Hi,

Do you mean that after the firmware upgrade all your other devices are still able to connect to the AX1500, just the Lenovo Tab P10 won't connect?

Does it refuse to connect to both bands? (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)

Have you already tried to "forget" the connection to the AX1500's SSID from the Wi-Fi settings menu in Android and then setup the connection again?

Options
2021-12-29 09:06:14

@woozle 

Yes! Have tried both bands and have made a complete reset of all network settings on the pad. Tried again this morning. A small change was that the Lenovo saw both bands again. Yesterday only 2,4 gHz was visible. The pad can log on to my xperias shared internet and also to a neighbours internet connection. Very strange.

And yes, I have also tried to reset the router with the little "pin hole"-button.

Options
2021-12-29 13:35:37

@Blackebo 

A few more things you could try.

In case the "Security" setting for the Wi-Fi is presently set to mixed WPA2 and WPA3 mode, then set (and save) it to "WPA/WPA2-Personal" and check again if the Lenovo is able to connect. Apparently some client devices have problems with the WPA2/WPA3 mixed mode.

If the above is not the case and you are already on to "WPA/WPA2-Personal", then set the settings for "Version" and "Encryption" both to "Auto" and check if the Lenovo can connect now.

Options
2021-12-30 09:14:59

@woozle 

Hello!

I'm sorry but I didn't want to take the risk of spending more time just to discover that your suggestion didn't work. So I returned the router and bought another brand. That one worked perfect after it's firmware upgrade.

Thank you for your quick answer though. I'm sure your router is good otherwise but this time it was your turn to have a bug in the machine.

Greetings

/Björn

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 560

Replies: 4

Related Articles