Blocking VPNs or access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Blocking VPNs or access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Blocking VPNs or access
Blocking VPNs or access
2021-08-22 00:14:11
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.9.6

Hi there

my clever little son has worked out how to get around the features of the Deco that restrict his access. 

I think he is doing this with a VPN, but also somehow seems to be able to remove his devices from the parental controls. 

So, my questions are:

1 how do I block VPNs from my network, and if this feature is not available it should be?

2 how do I stop a new device from connect, if I change the password all smart devices in the house need to be reconnected and that is a nightmare? I should be able to approve a new device. 

3 any ideas how he is removing himself from his group?

Thanks

Andrew    

Options
1 Reply
Re:Blocking VPNs or access
2021-08-23 09:36:04 - last edited 2021-08-23 09:38:45

@AD42 

Hi,

If you knew what VPN he might use,  we could try to manually add the VPN service on the blocked websites.

By the way, which profile did you choose for your boy, kids, or preteen?

Currently, it Is not able to block new devices and you could move them to blacklist once found.

As for the third issue, I used to receive the feedback that the device with a private mac address enabled, would be recognized as the new device and was no longer under the parental control profile.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 1

Related Articles