unable to cast to my AX6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-02 17:42:35
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

i cant cast from any phone to my android TV.

i could when i first got this router.
I also have to change the clone mac address once a week to either clone or shut it off so that i can access certain websites.
I have had this router for about 2 months now and for spending the money i did on it, i am not happy at all. i am thinking i should have stuck with my old asus ac1900.
 I have tried the current firmware im on now and used the newest firmware. neither one will let me cast to my tv, It is beyond frustrating!

Has any one found a fix for either of these issues

Options
3 Reply
Re:unable to cast to my AX6000
2021-07-05 02:38:13

@Rod_T 

Can we confirm if the phones and android TV are connecting to the same band/frequency, 2.4G or 5G? Are you able to ping the IP of the TV from the phone?

How about other devices in the network, are they communicating fine? Ensure AP Isolation is disabled on the router, you can find it under Advanced > System Tools > System Parameters.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-07-05 11:23:38

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Rod_T 

Can we confirm if the phones and android TV are connecting to the same band/frequency, 2.4G or 5G? Are you able to ping the IP of the TV from the phone?

How about other devices in the network, are they communicating fine? Ensure AP Isolation is disabled on the router, you can find it under Advanced > System Tools > System Parameters.

yes i can ping the tv from my phone.

none of my phones or tablets can cast to my TV regardless of what channel i have the tv on or if i have it plugged into the network vua a network cable.

AP isolation is disabled.
I have went back and forth between the newest firmware and the last one as well.

All of my other smart home devices are able to communicate.
MY tv is an android tv also

Options
2021-07-06 02:12:24

@Rod_T 

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options