Archer C7 V5 Firmware 1.1.2 Where is the ADVANCED Settings tab???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-29 11:56:36
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hello everyone,

got this router for a month or 2 now and it's starting to act "strangely". No connection for certain sites/applications during 15' or so once or twice a day at least through Wifi. So, I wanted to have the router (using it as an AP by the way) reset every day at XX.00 time which according to a lot of articles on Google should be no problem in Advanced Settings...BUT...I don't have that tab! On the top I have "Quick Setup" and right next to it "Settings". When I go to "system tools" on the left, I can't find a "Reboot at time" option. See screenshot to have a look at my screen. 

What is/am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Dimitri 

File:
Capture.JPGDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V5 Firmware 1.1.2 Where is the ADVANCED Settings tab???
2021-05-29 12:07:59

@Dimitri_K. OK, so I found out that I don't have ADVANCED options because I'm in AP mode...duh. 

So the new question is : if I revert to Router Mode and setup Auto-Reboot, then revert back to AP mode, will the router reboot at the specified time? 

Thanks,

Dimitri

Options
Re:Archer C7 V5 Firmware 1.1.2 Where is the ADVANCED Settings tab???
2021-05-30 18:30:51 - last edited 2021-05-30 19:08:07

@Dimitri_K. 

Auto-reboot should be available in AP mode - see the difference between router and AP mode. In AP mode there's a lot of features that are disabled - hence missing Advanced tab.

That's a quote from the link above.

" At last, the other functions supported by both Router Mode and Wireless Access Point Mode, including Led Control, Auto Reboot, Time Settings, USB Sharing and Wi-Fi Schedule, would still keep alive after changing modes. ".

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1404

Replies: 2

Related Articles