Archer c7 v5 advanced settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-09 07:18:05
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hi, I have installed a 256gb memory stick to c7 in wifi extension mode connected via ethernet back to cable modem which is 192.168.20.1 subnet. It is serving videos to local android tv. Files play fine on tv but I can't send/copy files from PC to memory stick...sharing is on for all folders and TPshare is accessible from PC is I can see the video files, but can't copy new files into share ...?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer c7 v5 advanced settings
2023-07-10 01:35:09

@ArtfulCodger 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

Please check if the write access is enabled, if not, enable it and test again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-11 08:26:11

@Sunshine Thank you for responding. Yes write is enabled. I was just using the mem stick to test as a file repository for Android TV and intend replacing with 2tb HDD . The other issue is I can't find the Advanced Settings within the router config...but I'm wondering if I need to directly connect because IP range is different from TP-Link default 192.168.20.2...isp router is 20.1. So wondering if there is an advanced setting that also might need enabling...

Options
2023-07-12 02:41:59

@ArtfulCodger 

If the TP-Link router is connected to your ISP router and both are working in router mode, you will need to connect directly to the TP-Link Router to access its web management page.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options