How to Connect Between 2 Router With Lan cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-07 14:18:40 - last edited 2021-01-08 09:04:43
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

sir i have a problem with my networking

TP-LINK

IP local= 192.168.1.1

IP internet static= 192.168.0.2

ISP Modem

IP local= 192.168.0.1

the problem is PC1/PC2 unable to connect to PC3/PC4

when i put new cable from TPLINK(PORT D) to ISP MODEM (PORT H)
my ISP modem became very lag and need to force restart

any ideas ,setting or something for my TP-LINK or ISP MODEM ?
thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to Connect Between 2 Router With Lan cable
2021-01-08 09:10:13

@RouterHang 

As per your description, the AX1500 LAN and the ISP modem LAN belong to two different networks, so the PCs in different networks cannot communicate with each other. You can either change your ISP modem into bridge mode or change the AX1500 into an access point.

This is the guide to configure the AX1500 into an access point:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2066/

While there will be some features cannot be used once it is in an access point mode, so you need to change your modem to bridge mode if you want all features on the AX1500:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2420/

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-08 09:53:55

@Kevin_Z 

Thankyou for reply

Do you remember about my QoS problem ?

My another solution is my computer directly connect to ISP modem 

And another user connect from TP-LINK

So i can use QoS to limit all of them and also i can use all of bandwidth because i connect from ISP modem

I will try about bridge mode, but my modem is fiber optic router and they wont tell about username or password

But is there any more solution ? like static routing or something ?

Options
2021-01-11 02:16:10

@RouterHang 

If that is the case, you may check if you can still have the advanced settings on the AX1500 by switching it into an access point manually as this guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/417/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1570

Replies: 3

Related Articles