Ethernet not working on deco?

Ethernet not working on deco?

43 Reply
Re:Ethernet not working on deco?
2023-05-18 11:05:32

@Sheikh1 Hi, I am having the same issue. Just bought X20-DSL two days ago. This is definitely a Deco problem. I still have my old router when I connect it to all the same ethernet cables there is no issue, but when connecting with Deco ethernet is not working. I have all 4 Deco ports connected to my foxtel, fetchtv, POE, and Eufy security hub. The 1st night I couldnt get Eufy Security hub working over ethernet, but got it working on wifi... and just thought it was the Eufy playing up.. Tonight Foxtel and FetchTV have stopped working over ethernet... if I switch to wifi they all work, but it is frustrating... I want to be able to use the 4 ethernet ports. I am not using IPTV, I have a fox lately satellite box that has an ethernet connection for streaming in addition to satellite, and I have the FetchTV mini box which streams. Please help resolve.

Options
2023-05-19 08:40:45

@JezzaH 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you please help me check whether these devices could still get IP addresses when the Ethernet stopped working?

If not switching to Wi-Fi, could unplugging/plugging the cable back in, restore the connection?

If possible, please also replace it with new Ethernet cables in case the cable is loose or of bad quality.

By the way, how often would you experience an Ethernet disconnection issue?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-06-21 19:04:18

@DanielSweet  this is a joke 2 years later still the same issue, after 3 hours on customer support they told me my units are faulty, even though I bought 3 then added a fourth layer, after trying them all they are insisted they are faulty which is what a one I. A million chance. FIX THIS ISSUE

Options
2023-06-26 00:00:15

@TP-Link 

I have a Deco XE75 with 2 Deco units (both XE75). I have 1 LAN port connected to the modem for internet connection while 2 more LAN port connected to 2 NAS. 1 NAS is on fixed IP while the other one have reserved IP allocated to it (set on the Deco).

This is working fine until my modem was faulty. After replacing the modem, internet is back to usual. I can access the internet using my wifi. However, the 2 LAN port connected to the NAS are not working. I have restarted the router, the NAS or even pull out and put back the cable, but LAN on Deco doesn't seems to work.

This seems to me similar to problem  [Deco] WAN/LAN auto-sensing.  How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Options
2023-07-14 16:02:03

@firemelt 

I have the same issue, using Deco M9 Plus V2. 

1st: (tv room) directly connected to Router via cable 

2nd: (kitchen) wifi connection to 1st

3rd: (office) cable connection (router - - > switch - - > deco). Deco ignores the cable and connects to the kitchen deco via wifi.

I have also tried to connect the 3rd/office deco directly (router - > deco), deco still connects wifi to kitchen. 

The cable works. If I connect it directly to computer, I get internet access immediately with 930 Mbit speed.

Options
2023-07-30 14:58:30

I also have this problem....2 x Decos in AP mode connected via ethernet.... ignores ethernet & just uses wifi. :(

Options
2023-08-02 17:28:50 - last edited 2023-08-02 17:29:59

@David-TP 

Hello. I am experiencing the same problem with my Deco (X55) system as well. I have tried doing the things you have mentioned but none of that has changed anything. I have also found no issues with the cable I am using. I am using the Deco system in wifi router mode. The issue could be related to [Deco] WAN/LAN auto-sensing. We need the means to assign the ports as LAN or WAN. This doesn't seem like a difficult feature request.

Options
2023-09-08 21:12:02

Mine was working then it stopped.

I have a pc which is connected to deco mesh wifi and to a decomesh unit via ethernet cable. 

The pc automatically used the ethernet connection for days but today inoticed its using the wifi insted. I dont know why or how to get it to change back.

Options
2023-09-17 16:13:12
I've just had exactly the same problem after installing three Deco E4 units. Real diappointment as I thought this would solve my speed and coverage problems, and I'm only in a 3 bedroomed house. Live sport and films buffer and the speed is slower than in was before. I've replaced the system with the one extender I had before and it is much better. Thankfully I bought at Argos and am hoping they will do a refund on what appears to be a faulty product, judging by others that have had the same problem.
Options
2023-10-17 10:07:19

I have the same problem.

I have 4 Deco M4R working as Access Points since 3 years ago.

Three of them are connected to a switch using a ethernet cable and the other one is using wifi.

All was working fine with this scenario but, 2 months ago, the decos connected by cable (except the main deco) stopped working.

I've found that unplugging the ethernet cable makes them to work.

Options
Related Articles