Archer C6 no custom internet firewall ruleset possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-20 09:14:17
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20200110 rel.60119(4555)

I would like to know how to add custom firewall rules for filtering incoming packets when accessing a service I exposed using "NAT forwarding" and "Virtual Servers". This was possible in my Archer C2 wifi router but not in C6?

Example: When configuring a service to be used from the internet which is on my LAN, I put in a rule under "NAT forwarding" and then define an entry under "Virtual servers" but I only want that service port to be used by certain whitelisted IP addresses on the internet: how can I configure and achieve this with the Archer C6?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C6 no custom internet firewall ruleset possible?
2020-07-01 09:06:04 - last edited 2020-07-01 09:06:44

I have been struggling with the same thing.. haven't found a solution yet. Only thing i found was disabling the SPI firewall completely but not sure about the risks in doing that. Another option would be to flash a custom firmware but it has its own set of risks.

Would love to find a way to do it cleanly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1504

Replies: 1

Related Articles