4220 and 4010 worked, then didn’t after moving router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-31 11:40:58
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. I have the 4220 kit. Set it up as per the instructions and it worked fine. Had one plug out in my summerhouse and used it for the tv (via Ethernet) and smart sockets (via WiFi)

Then I moved my master socket and now am having problems. The only thing I can think is because the router is now a few metres further anyway from the summerhouse..?

but the plug in the summerhouse is still picking up the internet as when I plug in the tv via an Ethernet it works. But it doesn't work for WiFi. I've got a number of adapters - can't remember the numbers now, ones a passthrough and one looks identical to the 4010 but I think it begins with a 2. They used to work for wireless function in the summerhouse too but now don't. 

Is there anything else that could have affected the wireless function of the Tplink powerline adaptors by moving the master socket, and by changing supplier (now with Virgin). 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 0

Related Articles