WR941HP Cant Connect PPPoE by Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-15 05:51:15
Model: TL-WR941HP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Last oficial brasil

This router is a bad thing.

I cant use pppoe conection on my ps3.

On tests using ipv4 and pppoe on router, console say the router dont support ip fragmentation. 

Very disgusting 

Options
2 Reply
Re:WR941HP Cant Connect PPPoE by Wi-Fi
2019-11-18 03:30:38

@BMRMEZENGA 

What is the current network diagram? Why do you need connect  the PPPoE connection on your PS3? 

Generally, we setup PPPoE connection on the main router and then the clients can connect to the router by wired cable or wireless to get internet. 

And right now can you get internet from the TL-WR941HP? What is the led status of it? 

Best regards. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:WR941HP Cant Connect PPPoE by Wi-Fi
2019-11-18 03:50:13

@Kevin_Z actually I made some tests on my ps3 and it indicates the router dont support packets fragmentation and I went test to use the ps3 with the pppoe connection on it and dont worked. Tested on ap mode too and not worked too.

On my previous wa901nd this worked fine. Both the ppoe connection on ps3 and on my notebook. But the normal mode that I use is the router connected by pppoe on adsl modem.

On access point mode the device should be transparent. There is no reasons to this not working. This router is very annoying. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 855

Replies: 2

Related Articles