AX6000 v1 Does not restore internet after internet loss

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-09 16:27:18
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1_1.3.2 Build 20230906

So if my router randomly resets or temp loses internet connection, the light on the modem goes red because it no longer has internet.  However once the modem reconnects and internet is re-established I have to manually reset the modem to get the internet to come back on as it doesn't automatically detect that internet is working again.  My old linksys modem did and it's just annoying as the router is not in a convenient spot to have to go reset it all the time.  Also, once it's lost internet it doesn't allow me to use the tether app to reset the device either as there is no reboot option in the tether app.  Thoughts?

Gordon Huard

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX6000 v1 Does not restore internet after internet loss
2024-01-10 07:37:00

@captbaldo 

Can you see Reboot option on Tools->System page on Tether App?

Or try to disconnect the router from your modem and then connect them again to see if internet will restored.

Options
Re:AX6000 v1 Does not restore internet after internet loss
2024-01-10 13:32:55

@QRene 

I found the reboot option in the tether app.  Thank you.

As for the router.  Yes I can get the connection to restore if I power down the router or unplug it and turn it back on.  I'm just wondering why it doesn't do this automatically when the connection is lost as my old router did and manually restarting it every time my modem drops connection and reboots is inconvenient as the tether app stops letting me connect to the router when internet connection is lost as well.

Options