AX6000 Slow Internet Overnight?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-23 00:40:42
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey everyone --

Purchased an AX6000 a few weeks ago. Connected it to my modem, and it worked great for a couple of weeks... Then some issues started to set in. The connection would drop at times, and then a few times I had internet going to my modem, but not to my router (Red light on top)...

Now, it is throttling my speeds like crazy. If I reset it, I get 400 down for about 2 minutes, then 20 down. QOS os on default. Security settings off... I even put my modem in Bridge mode. Wondering what could be wrong? I have until April 4th to return it, I thought I really liked the router but if the only solution that's present is to "factory reset the router" then I'll probably just return it.

My concern is that if I can't track the problem down, what's to say that I won't have this issue every two or three weeks... Looking for any help/suggestions! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX6000 Slow Internet Overnight?
2021-03-23 03:30:10

@AaronPratt 

Since the internet connection was stable for weeks, and it suddenly disconnects from the WAN, we will suggest you contacting the ISP to check if there is something wrong with the line or the modem. You can also connect a PC directly to the ISP modem, then check if you can get a stable connection.

If the ISP modem is stable, then try to do a MAC clone on the AX6000, by cloning the wired PC's MAC to the AX6000, then check if the connection between the router and the modem is stable:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3023/

BTW, who is your ISP? Is the AX6000 WAN connection type PPPoE or Dynamic IP? Please also verify if there is still a WAN IP address on the AX6000 when the internet LED becomes red. If there is still a WAN IP address, please try to change the internet DNS server to something public, such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then save and reboot the AX6000 and modem.

As for the speed issue, is the 400 down or 20 down tested on a wired PC or on a laptop or phone? What do you mean by reset? Do you mean power off the AX6000 then power back on? Please refer to this article to check the QoS settings on the AX6000 again:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/257504

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options